The recipe here is for a fairly typical French version of Hachis
Parmentier, but feel free to change the vegetables, seasoning, and even
the meat in this recipe. Hachis Parmentier is extremely versatile.
Mashed Potato Casserole
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence or other herbs
- salt and pepper (to your taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 4 - 5 cups mashed potatoes (instant is fine)
- 3/4 cup grated cheese (gruyère, emmental, or swiss)
Spread the meat in the bottom of an lightly oiled oven proof dish (a 13 X 9 inch Pyrex dish would be perfect for the amount given in this recipe). Spread the potatoes on top of this and finish by sprinkling grated cheese on top.
Brown in 400° F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
|Follow Our Pinterest|