Do not underestimate leftovers! Restaurateur Robert Cobb didn't. He took all the leftovers from his fridge at the Hollywood Brown Derby Restaurant back in 1930s, mixed them in a bowl and added dressing. That was he came up with one of America's most favorite, the Cobb salad.
Cobb salad comes in different variations but the classic one proves to be still the winner. It is kind of garden salad which main ingredients include vegetables, such as Romaine lettuce, endives, and watercress with crispy bacon, tomato, roast chicken breast, egg, avocado, Roquefort cheese, chives, and seasoned with red wine vinegar.
While most types of salad are tossed together, Cobb salad is served with all the ingredients arranged on the plate.
How To Prepare;
Below are your main ingredients and procedure for preparing your Cobb Salad.
- Hard-boiled eggs 3 pcs. peeled and chopped
- Bacon Sliced
- Romaine lettuce 1 head, cut into bite-size
- Boiled chicken breast at least 4 cups, diced
- Avocados peeled and diced
- Tomatoes chopped
- Roquefort cheese 4 oz., crumbled
- Red Wine vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Dijon Mustard - 1/2 tsp
- Crushed garlic - 1 clove
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil - 1/3 cup
- Fresh ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- First, fry the bacon, drain oil on a paper towel, and cut into crumbles.
- Place romaine lettuce on a plate to serve as bed for the other recipes. Next, top the lettuce with chicken, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, avocados, and Roquefort cheese arranged in rows.
- Prepare the dressing in a bowl. Mix the garlic, salt, pepper, mustard, Red Wine vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Then, put the olive oil and whisk. Pour the dressing on the salad and serve.
The colorful and yummy Cobb Salad is not only a delectable dish with an interesting history. It also makes for a healthy main or side dish. For one, Cobb salad has enough proteins, the amino-acid carrying nutrient that is responsible for keeping your cells, skin, nails, and hair healthy. The Romaine lettuce is also rich in anti-oxidants such as beta-carotene, Vitamins C and K, iron, calcium, and folate, among others. Avocado is also high in B vitamins, potassium, and good fats.
Cobb salad is not actually an ideal meal for those who are on strict diet because of the high amount of calories gained through avocado, cheese, eggs, bacon and chicken.
But if you can't resist the Cobb Salad's [http://knifeskills.cookingvideorecipes.com] tempting colorful, and yummy look, you can always put away half of the cheese, avocado, eggs, and bacon and leave just enough to satisfy your cravings without loading up the calories.
|Follow Our Pinterest|
Discover how I eat like a king with zero skill and less than 10 minutes a day.
PRODUCTS FROM AMAZON