Apple pie is a savory delight for many of us and it is truly a lip smacking dessert. However, have your ever tried your hands in preparing this delicious dish? Most of us avoid making pies in fear of spoiling the whole preparation in the process. Now, to boost your confidence, here we are 10 awesome tips that will help you to make perfect apple pie every time.
|Granny Smith Apples|
2. Avoid burning of the crust - While baking the pie, edges of the crust, burn very fast. So, carefully envelop the fringes of the pie with tin foil. You can also get hold of an edge guard at your local kitchen supply store. Place the edge guard over the pie edges to prevent them from burning.
3. Taste the apple - After adding cinnamon/sugar mixture to your pie, do not forget to taste your apples. If required, sprinkle more brown sugar or cinnamon to the pie.
4. Added weight is always appreciable - Avoid baking the shell before adding the filling, as it may cause the pie shell to inflate. To avoid this problem, place dry beans at the pie shell bottom, before placing it in the oven. You can also buy weighted beads and place them below the shell. This will check the pastry from inflating.
5. Heap of apples is always adorable - Adding more apples to your pie is always good. Make a tall pile of fruit in the pie shell and you will find, that with the baking of the pie, the mountain of apples deflate. This will prepare a pie with sufficient apple; otherwise you will be left with a caved in dessert and a small amount of fruit per slice.
|Caramel Apple Pie|
9. Sweetness beside sugar - If your fruit is not sweet enough and you are not willing to add excess sugar, you can try with 1 tbsp lemon juice, some finely shredded lemon zest, and 2 tbsp melted apple jelly. This addition of the jam enhances the sweetness of the pie even more.
10. Make your apple pie look picture perfect - Slits are generally made on top of the apple pie with knife. Now, instead of making the slits abruptly, you can always make a decorative pattern at the top of your pie. Try to be creative and create a heart or star to enhance the visual appeal of the dessert.